THAILAND ELEI ADVenture
CHIANG MAI, THAILAND July 22-29 2018
About Elephant Nature Park
Our adventure consists of a weeklong retreat at the Elephant Nature Park in Chiang Mai, Thailand. This includes 7 nights of accommodations and 3 meals-a-day of delicious Thai food prepared for us by the chefs at Elephant Nature Park.
Elephant Nature Park is an elephant rescue and rehabilitation center in Northern Thailand where you can volunteer and visit the elephants. The park provides a natural environment for elephants, dogs, cats, buffaloes, and many other animals at the reserve. Volunteers and visitors contribute to the healing while learning about their lives past and present.
About Journey Into Freedom
For centuries the Karen tribe has cared for elephants in the jungles of South East Asia. Through unemployment, they were forced to lease their elephants to trekking camps and elephant tourist shows. Now the time has come for the elephants to return to the village and their natural habitat. Volunteer at Journey to Freedom is a project that embeds volunteers into the culture of one of Thailand’s oldest hill tribes while gaining a fascinating insight to the life of forest elephants. Witness the daily life of the Karen people, become involved in the community and experiencing intimate encounters with the world’s largest land mammal.
This is a unique retreat that features elephant care mixed with community development among local school children a tribal village in the mountains of Chiang Mai. Come with us to experience the trip of a lifetime.
Journey Into Freedom Supports
- Elephants living free in their home lands
- Education of Karen and local community to treasure and value their environment
- Improve local community living standards; build clean village toilets, water tanks, running water pipe systems, bridges for school children, temple and nursery school construction etc.
- Increase the Karen woman´s income. For centuries their jobs were as a mother and taking care of plantation farms. Their income depended on their husband. Our project trains them to improve their weaving quality and to increase their knowledge of natural dyeing. Elephant Nature Park buys their products to sell for them.
- Develop and improve animal’s welfare in the village; help them to improve hygiene and care for domestic animals such as pigs, buffalos, and cows.
- Provide animal vaccinations and medical care through our vet and volunteers who help treat and care for the domestic animals.
- Work together with the local community; volunteers help to work at the rice fields, temples and schools to improve develop and pass on skills.
- Save the forest and wild animals around the area. In the areas we visit there are many wild gibbons benefiting from forest replanting and setting up fire breaks.
- Daily time with elephants; feed and walk alongside these gentle giants through the jungle.
- Gain a fascinating insight to the life of elephants in their natural habitat and observe the way they behave when surrounded by the jungle.
- Delicious Thai food, freshly cooked each day for you to enjoy.
- Make a difference in a community while learning about their traditional way of life
- Be a part of a blessing ceremony which thanks you for your contribution to the community
- All Accommodation
- All Transportation
- All Food and Drinks
- 2 Thai Massages
- Temple Tours
- Waterfall Tour
- Old City Market Tour
- Saturday Night Market Tour
- Extra Donation to Elephant Nature Park, Journey Into Freedom and ELEI
What's Not Included:
- Plane Tickets
- Travel Insurance
- Shots for overseas travel
- Saturday, July 21th:
- Dinner in Chiang Mai
- Explore the Saturday Night Market.
- Sunday, July 22th:
- Visit a Bua Tong the Sticky Waterfalls
- Visit Local temples throughout Chiang Mai
- Thai Massage
- Explore Old City Market.
- Monday, July 23-Sunday, July 29th:
- Leave for Elephant Nature Park and Journey into Freedom with the Karen People.
- Sunday, July 29th:
- Return to Chiang Mai
- Thai Massage
- Free Time
When booking flights, please keep in mind that the first day begins with dinner on Sunday and ends when we return to the hotel by Saturday.
When traveling to another country, you may also need to contact your health care provider about any necessary immunizations as well as making sure your passport and possible visas are in order.